Vladimir Aleksandrovich Tsivin is born in Leningrad in 1949. He graduated from the department of pottery and glassware at the V Muchina Higher School of Arts and Crafts in 1972. From 1972 to 1976 he worked in Tomsk, Siberia, as chief artist at the Bogashevo Experimental Pottery Factory. In 1975 he joined the USSR Artist’s Union, and from 1976 he worked in the Leningrad branch of the Russian Art Fund experimental ceramic workshops. He still lives and works in St. Petersburg. Tsivin’s work has been exhibited in Russia since 1972 and internationally since 1973 – in Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, the Czech Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Hungary, Israel, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Taiwan and the U.S.A (source Galerie Besson, London).
Pictures: Portrait Vladimir Tsivin (source Galerie Besson); two objects, around 1990 (source Galerie Besson); signature (source NvdB, with thanks).